Terms and Conditions
Giant's Causeway Visitor Experience - terms of entry
These are the National Trust’s terms of entry for the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Experience.
Part 1 of this document sets out the terms that apply to all visitors, while Part 2 and Part 3 sets out some additional terms that are specific to group bookings and school trips.
Part 1: Terms of entry – all visitors
1. Your admission ticket allows you access to the National Trust Giant’s Causeway Visitor Experience which includes your audio guide and use of car park facilities during public opening hours. You may either purchase an ‘e-ticket’ online or purchase an admission ticket at the site.
2. The Giant’s Causeway stones are a 25 minute walk from the National Trust Visitor Experience. Please note that your ticket does not entitle you to use of the on site third party operated shuttle service to the stones.
3. National Trust members enjoy free admission to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Experience and free use of the third party operated shuttle service to the Giant’s Causeway stones on production of a valid membership card. Therefore, National Trust Members need not purchase an ‘e-ticket’ online.
4. Both e-tickets purchased online and tickets purchased on site are only valid for the relevant dates selected and must be used on those dates only.
5. You may not sell or transfer your admission ticket, or e-ticket, to a third party.
6. The National Trust may vary the opening times to the Visitor Experience from time to time. Please check current opening times by visiting www.nationaltrust.org./giantscauseway
7. Last admission to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Experience will be one hour before the advertised closing time.
8. Adult admission applies to anyone aged 17 years or over. Child admission applies to anyone under 17 years. Under 5's are admitted free during public opening hours (please note that this may not apply for special events or activities when the purchase of event admission tickets may be required). A family ticket comprises 2 adults and up to 3 children. Children accessing the Visitor Experience must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
9. Carers for disabled visitors are entitled to free admission to the Visitor Experience (limited to one per disabled person) during public opening hours. Please make admissions staff on site aware of your entitlement.
10. With the exception of guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs, dogs are not permitted entrance to the Visitor Centre. However, provided they are kept on a lead, dogs are permitted on the Giant’s Causeway trails network.
11. The National Trust may refuse admission or restrict access and request that visitors leave the venue at any time for reasons of health and safety, environmental or security concerns.
12. The National Trust may refuse entry to, or eject visitors from, the Visitor Experience for abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), causing a nuisance, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. No refund will be given.
13. The National Trust may from time to time carry out security searches in the interests of visitor safety.
14. All prices are quoted in pounds sterling.
15. These terms shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and any dispute shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Northern Ireland Courts.
Part 2: Additional terms for groups bookings and pre booked guided tours
16. Groups must comprise of a minimum of 15 persons in order to qualify for the discounted groups admission rate.
17. If you have selected the guided walking tour option (additional charge applies) and are part of a large group then this will have to be divided as groups can contain a maximum 30 people.
18. Only guides employed by the National Trust are permitted to undertake guided tours at the Giant’s Causeway site.
19. If the group is more than 15 minutes late or early or is unable to keep to the confirmed allocated time slot then the group organiser must notify us by telephoning 028 2073 3419. It is important that groups adhere to the agreed time slot. We may be unable to allow groups access to the Visitor Centre if an agreed time slot is missed.
20. Cancellation of a group reservation will be accepted without charge if it is received within two working days prior to the scheduled arrival date. In the case of late cancellations we may impose an administration fee of 25% of the total amount of your reserved booking.
Part 3: Additional terms for school trips
21. Teachers and group leaders are responsible for the behaviour and general health and safety of their pupils’ and groups within the Giant’s Causeway site. Teachers, group leaders and any other accompanying adults should remain with their groups at all times. Teachers and group leaders must maintain appropriate pupil/student to teacher ratios.