The Visitor Centre
Rising and blending into the landscape, with walls of glass, basalt columns and a state of the art interior, the Giants causeway Visitor Centre is truly innovative. The energy efficient building boasts a number of exhibition areas and a grass roof with 360 degree views of the Causeway coastline. This is where the science and the stories come to life. Explore the interactive spaces, watch Finn McCool on the big screen and unlock the secrets of this inspirational landscape.
- Interactive exhibitions
- Outdoor audio guide
- Gift shop with local crafts
- Local food and refreshments
- Wheelchair accessible shuttle bus to the Causeway*
- Toilets, accessible toilet, Changing Places facility
- Parent and baby changing facilities
- Tourist Information
- Bureau de Change
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking (3 car parks)
- Park and Ride service from Bushmills Village
* Additional charge (National Trust members go free)
The Giant's Causeway Visitor Experience cost £18.5 million. Of this funding package, the National Trust provided £6.25 million, the Department of Enterprise Trade & Investment, through the Northern Ireland Tourist board, awarded £9.25 million of which £6.125 million has been provided by the European Regional Development Fund under the European Sustainable Competitiveness Programme for Northern Ireland, with the Heritage Lottery Fund allocating £3 milion.